ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Copy.java
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:10:13 GMT

Sweet! :-)  I like the mapper syntax.  Thats a really nice concept.

Glenn McAllister

To:   jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org
cc:
Subject:  cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
      Copy.java

bodewig     00/11/17 02:25:10

  Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Copy.java
  Log:
  Changed the copy task to support a nested mapper.

  This adds a lot of power to copy and move, we can drop the optional
  RenameExt task for example as

  <renamext srcdir="src" destdir="dest" fromextension=".java.keep"
            toextension=".java" replace="true" />

  can now be written as

  <move todir="dest" overwrite="true">
    <fileset dir="src" />
    <mapper type="glob" from="*.java.keep" to="*.java" />
  </move>

  but more difficult transformations can be done as well.