ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Javac, Jikes and java 1.1-1.3
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:20:58 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> p.s. Sam, how about getting some IBM support on this little
> issue? :-) I would try to fix the bug, but I looked at the
> source code and my very limited knowledge of C++ really
> prevents me from being much help. :-(

I took the trouble to try out the simple test case (187) with Ant and the
latest Jikes (v1.12, August 2000), and it worked.  It seems that Ant adds
the source directory to the classpath automatically.  If you like, you can
try it out yourself:

   (See attached file: depend187.zip)

I'm not sure how I feel about this reported bug.  The dependency does not
exist, you have not told it where to look for it, and the only way to
discover this dependency is to make a complete scan through the set of
input files before proceeding.

- Sam Ruby

P.S. There's a good chance that I'm going to miss references to myself if
you continue to bury my name at the bottom of a post... Particularly as I
have recently been acused of not...READ[ing your] ENTIRE EMAIL[s]!  ;-)