ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject RE: Capturing ANT Output
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 20:27:05 GMT

I've finally gotten the spare day to go over your VisualAge for Java tasks,
Wolf, and I have to say they were very good.  Peter Kelly also donated a
couple of VAJ tasks, which I merged into yours.

There are a couple of things I have changed:

1.  The package is now org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ide rather
than org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.vaj.  Hopefully, any other IDE
extensions can go there or in subpackages.
2. Renamed VAJExportPackages to VAJExport.  Rationale: We may want to
implement finer grained exporting in the future, so lets keep the class
name generic.
3. Added a few checks for robustness sake.  For example, if we can't load a
Workspace, it now throws a BuildException.
4. Added a VAJImport task for completness, inspired by a task of the same
name from Peter.  You can add the contents of any fileset into a project,
which will be created if it doesn't exist in the Workspace.

By the end of the day, I'll have the defaults.properties file updated, and
update the build.xml file to ignore those classes unless it can find the
VisualAge for Java IDE Utility classes.  Expect docs tomorrow.

Glenn McAllister