ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant .cvsignore
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:28:38 GMT

Strictly speaking the shell/bat scripts are conveniences used to run ant on
a particular set of operating systems. You don't have to use them to run
ant. You are free to set up your classpath and invoke java directly using
whatever mechanisms you find desirable and appropriate to your platform. You
can even use Perl to run ant.

Practically speaking, I use them all the time :-)

Conor