ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:20:59 GMT

> >> Nope it wouldn't - at least not by me ;) Only one person
> >> has expressed a -1 so far (Connor IIRC) and
> >
> >Ok, for the record, -1.
>
> okay ;)
>
> >It is also my reading of
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html that one veto should be
> >sufficient, even if it is "only" Conor. ;-)
>
> yep - but if he doesn't keep responding to further
> queries/questions/suggestions it effectively goes to +/- 0

I did not formally vote -1 on this issue. I merely stated my position that I
was opposed to storing jars in CVS. Nevertheless, if I had voted -1, as Sam
has done, I hope it would not just degrade to -0. That isn't how I
understand the decision making process. In fact, I believe this discussion
was started in the thread "Jars in CVS". I believe the last entry in that
thread was where you replied to me mostly agreeing with what I said :-). I
didn't really see any attempts to lobby a change in my opinion.

No matter. Let me now formally vote -0. I can live with jars in CVS. I do
not expect them to impact me greatly. I would like to wait and see how they
get used and incorporated into the build process.

I think that at this time the arguments have been heard and most people's
positions are known. It does not appear that there will be any change in
opinions. I would lobby Sam to change his -1 to -0, not because I think he
is wrong, but merely so that we can move on from this.

I will think some more about Jon's JPAN idea and Sam's system concepts.
Perhaps we can arrive at something with which everyone agrees without
duplicating a stack of jars in CVS.

Conor