ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck ...@adolos.com>
Subject Rename / Move Directories
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:27:20 GMT
With the deprecation of rename, it appears that there is no direct equivalent to

	<rename src="sourcedir" dest="destdir" />

where 'sourcedir' and 'destdir' are directories.

The current <move> replacement appears to be:

	<move todir="destdir">
      <fileset dir="sourcedir"/>
	</move>

but whereas the former command simply renamed the directory, the later copies every single
item in the source directory to the destination directory and then deletes the source.  This
is clearly a much more time consuming task for large directories - I have a 600Mb case at
the moment!

Am I missing something?

Stuart.
** We are currently experiencing prolonged difficulties with our email **
** provider DIGIWEB and INTERLIANT.  To guarantee that your response   **
** is received, please replace "adolos.com" with "adolos.co.uk"        **
** in your response.                                                   **

Stuart Roebuck, BSc, MBA        Tel.: 0131 228 4853 / Fax.: 0870 054 8322
Managing Director                       Alpha Numeric Pager: 07654 588898