ant-dev mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: Removal of deprecated tasks
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:26:19 GMT

> I am planning the removal of the tasks which were deprecated
> in ant 1.2
> such as deltree, copydir, etc.
>
> Does anyone see any issues whith this?
>
> Conor

Could I suggest that before/when they are removed, that the documentation be
updated with conversion examples to help people migrate their build files?

Like:

<copyfile src="test.java" dest="subdir/test.java" />

should be changed to:

<copy file="test.java" tofile="subdir/test.java" />

Obviously that's a simple one, but they may not all be quite that simple.  I
for one am having trouble figuring out how to remove a directory with
<delete> that I'm sure would be no problem with <deltree>

K.C.