ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: On voting rules (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:19:55 GMT
on 11/29/2000 12:09 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Given that Jon and Sam obviously disagree on this and that both are
> members of the PMC, do you (Jon and Sam) think we could get some
> clarification by the PMC - which decided to adopt the rules from the
> httpd project - or the ASF itself?
>
> Stefan
>
> PS: In the nine months I've been following Ant development I've never
> seen a -1 ignored or overruled and I really really hope this is never
> going to happen.

In this case, I personally feel that it is overruled until there is a good
solution that resolves the issue. So far, I haven't seen one, but I sure as
hell have proposed one.

I'm a bit depressed at this point that absolutely no one from the community
has volunteered to step up to the plate to help resolve this issue in any
way. Why the fuck am I trying to help people out in this community if there
is no community to help support us when we need help? :-( I even tried to
get things started by making a proposal someone could start to implement.
I'm sorry, I have to much other stuff on my plate right now to write
everyone's software for them. This is totally stupid and this sucks. Take
take take take take and absolutely nothing given back.

Craig says there are like 10,000 downloads of Tomcat 4.0m4, what percentage
of those downloads actually results in someone contributing something back?
I would say about 0.00001%.

So, if everyone disagrees with my overrule, I will remove all the .jar's
from CVS, but I will also forward every single tech support email on how to
compile Turbine and the rest of the projects to Sam so that he can answer
them.

thanks,

-jon