ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Composing a system out of projects
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:33:24 GMT
on 11/27/2000 7:53 PM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> It did not trigger much in the way of dicussion at the time.
>
> - Sam Ruby

Code speaks louder than words.

If James Davidson had said that he had this proposal for a cool build tool
called Ant and it would solve all of our problems, I think that we all would
have said, "great, let see it!"...but, the proposal itself probably wouldn't
have gotten anyone to actually implement it.

The fact that he put source code out...no matter how hacky and ugly it was
originally, that spawned enough interest in it to make it better and into
the very cool system we have today.

thanks,

-jon

--
twice of not very much is still a lot more than not very much