ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:28:46 GMT
on 11/27/2000 7:40 PM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I have given ample reasons - it may very well be true that you don't agree
> with them, but I have given them.  I thought the process was that "No veto
> can be overruled. If you disagree with the veto, you should lobby he person
> who cast the veto."  It you don't believe me, check out
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html.

...and when I respond to you asking for another solution to the problem, I
get no response...I have tried to lobby you for another working solution,
but I haven't gotten a response from you. So, unless you are willing to help
to solve the problem, then I can't see how your -1 should be able to stick.

> When I started, Cocoon 2 prereqed an API which was a proposed DOM2 API
> which never made it into the standard.  It was supported in a few backlevel
> versions of Xerces and no other parsers.  At the time, most versions of
> Xerces did not work with most versions of Xalan.  I had to make or lobby
> for changes to Stylebook, FOP and other projects.

Ok. Your point is?

> And I haven't begun to figure out how to deal with projects such as
> JetSpeed, which depend on cocoon 1.  I would love to run JetSpeed, Cocoon,
> and PHP together, but PHP's integration with Cocoon is based on Cocoon 2...

Ok. Your point is?

> Note that these changes were not to the build process, but to the code
> itself.  But without access to the code nor finding people willing to
> listen, I grew weary of the struggle.

Again, we are talking about a build process here...you keep changing the
subject. :-)

-jon

--
twice of not very much is still a lot more than not very much