ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Javac, Jikes and java 1.1-1.3
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:56:01 GMT
on 11/14/2000 7:20 PM, "Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I took the trouble to try out the simple test case (187) with Ant and the
> latest Jikes (v1.12, August 2000), and it worked.  It seems that Ant adds
> the source directory to the classpath automatically.  If you like, you can
> try it out yourself:

FYI, Kawa adds the destination directory to the classpath. I tried adding
the source directory and got this error from Jikes:

Assertion failed: false && "Cannot compute system time stamp\n", file
../../../jikes-1.12/src/lookup.cpp, line 284

> I'm not sure how I feel about this reported bug.  The dependency does not
> exist, you have not told it where to look for it, and the only way to
> discover this dependency is to make a complete scan through the set of
> input files before proceeding.

Maybe that is one reason why javac is so slow.

> P.S. There's a good chance that I'm going to miss references to myself if
> you continue to bury my name at the bottom of a post... Particularly as I
> have recently been acused of not...READ[ing your] ENTIRE EMAIL[s]!  ;-)

No way, now I know you read all my emails. :-)

-jon

--
twice of not very much is still a lot more than not very much