ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:28:56 GMT
On 11/14/00 6:20 AM, "Simeon Fitch" <metasim@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The Sun JAXP api has the concept of an
> XMLWriteContext, which allows you to take the DOM
> structure and output it as an XML stream.

Actually, the JAXP *doesn't* have that concept -- it's a concept that is
present in the ref impl of  JAXP -- but is not part of the exported public
API. There isn't currently a portable way of doing this -- and we punted on
it in JAXP 1.0/1 as DOM Level 3 will be taking care of this problem.

.duncan

--
James Duncan Davidson                             james.davidson@eng.sun.com
Instigator at Large                                               !try; do()