ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:26:32 GMT
On 10/31/00 6:50 AM, "Combs, Clint" <clint.combs@contrado.com> wrote:

> A high priority for me would be integration with my editor.  I'm using jedit
> 2.6.  I'd like to make the GUI a dockable plug-in to jedit.  It could be run
> as a plug-in or in a standalone mode.
>
> While integration with an editor may not be in the early builds it should be
> considered in the early design.

Yes.. My thoughts some time back had centered on having Ant having in it's
workspace the GUI all the way to the Panel level well defined so that it can
plug into any GUI workspace (jedit or netbeans or...). I don't know how
workable that really is in practice since I'm not a wiz at GUI programming,
but...

Of course, Ant would also have the rest of the widgets to run standalone as
well.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()