ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:26:32 GMT
On 10/31/00 6:45 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:

> My priority for a GUI would be to repeatedly run builds. I envisage
> something simple like
> 1. A button to rerun a build (perhaps to select targets)
> 2. The GUI to be a build listener
> 3. Ability to filter logged messages and to display in colours coded to log
> levels
> 4. A clear indication of build failure

That would be an excellent start.

> I would suggest
>
> org.apache.tools.ant.gui
>
> in a separate source tree (so we would add a gui directory at the same level
> as main).

Actually, we've pretty much established that Java namespaces in Apache
projects should be "org.apace." + project name. So, for the rewrite
(ant-2.0), I'm going to propose that we use "org.apache.ant" as our root.
However, for the time being in the 1.x workspace, it would be best to follow
in "org.apache.tools.ant". For one thing, it'll match what's there. For
another thing, this will guarantee that when we really get going with
ant-2.0, it'll be in a different package and there won't be conflicts with
having ant-1.x and ant-2.x on the classpath at the same time.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()