ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Siberski, Wolf" <>
Subject [submit] Integration of Ant into Visual Age for Java - updated do cumentation
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:33:59 GMT
The attached html file now hopefully provides
more usable installation instructions.
My wysiwyg editor had left the html source of
the previous version in a very bad state,
so I had to reformatted it.
Therefore I have attached the complete file
instead of a patch.
The installation section has changed completely,
the other sections are nearly unchanged
(except some typos).

Glenn McAllister wrote:
> You are assuming that the optional/ide/VAJ*.class files are going to be in
> ant.jar.  They will only exist (for the immediate future anyway) in
> optional.jar, and thats only if you or I or some other kind soul
> contributes it when a release is built.  Otherwise, the only way to build
> those classes is to import them into the IDE.
> So yes, you are right that in a release build, it will probably work
> closely with what you are describing.  But in any sort of development
> situation these extra steps are necessary.
> The default.ini file - don't require the user to write anything themselves
> if they don't have to.  I'd leave it alone and just fix up the docs.

View raw message