ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Siberski, Wolf" <Wolf.Siber...@tui.de>
Subject RE: Capturing ANT Output
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 09:21:34 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
[snip]
> You could even bypass Main and directly work with a Project object I
> think.

We are currently developing a Plugin for Visual Age for Java
which will allow to start Ant builds directly from
the VA Workbench. We also started by calling Main
and then switched to creating our own Project object.
Regarding the output we faced a small problem:
Main calls Project.fireBuildStarted() when starting
the build and Project.fireBuildFinished() at the end.
We would like to do the same to trigger the BuildListeners,
but unfortunately both methods are protected.
Could You make these methods public?
(From a seperation of concerns point of view it would
be even better if Project itself would signal
the start and end of a build but I didn't find a
good location for such a change, because Main does
a lot of initialization work after calling fireBuildStarted()).

Wolf

btw.: Glenn, are You still working on the VA tasks?