ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: JARs in CVS (was Re: On voting rules)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:24:34 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>

> OK, here is my proposal: Include the JARs in the nightly builds but
> leave the out of the repository. Downloading a nightly build is even
> easier than building from CVS and it is a lot less work, so both
> points should have been addressed.

Stefan, one thing I do not understand: If the nightly build is automated
don't you want these JARS to be placed on CVS somewhere so that we do not
depend
on just ONE machine having the right stuff. Why would we administer
these JARS from outside of CVS?

I suggest having them on CVS on a separate directory: thirdparty.
Add a target, install3rd, to ANT's build.xml that installs the third
party stuff and that is not executed by the default installer.

This is simple, it is unintrusive for those who do not want to use
the prebuild modules and it simplifies things for the rest of use who
hate to go shopping for JARs all over the web to get to use things.

Jose Alberto