ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: New task <transform> committed
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:17:40 GMT
I could suggest a more generic name like <apply>
for this task.

One more thing, It may be a good idea to try to see if
one can make use of the new ISuppostTasks idea whithin
<transform>/<apply>.
That would mean that people could write simple tasks that
just perform an operation on a file by file basis and use
<apply> to performe the task on multiple files.

That would mean that the only reason to have the more complicated
tasks that do their own dependency checking is for tasks like
<javac> with jikes that really can perform much better if all
arguments are passed at once.

Now, if we could just put all that within a <taskdef> declaration
and give new fancy names to the composed tasks. Now that is almost
Nirvana. :-)

Jose Alberto