ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <>
Subject RE: New task <transform> committed
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:17:40 GMT
I could suggest a more generic name like <apply>
for this task.

One more thing, It may be a good idea to try to see if
one can make use of the new ISuppostTasks idea whithin
That would mean that people could write simple tasks that
just perform an operation on a file by file basis and use
<apply> to performe the task on multiple files.

That would mean that the only reason to have the more complicated
tasks that do their own dependency checking is for tasks like
<javac> with jikes that really can perform much better if all
arguments are passed at once.

Now, if we could just put all that within a <taskdef> declaration
and give new fancy names to the composed tasks. Now that is almost
Nirvana. :-)

Jose Alberto

View raw message