ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Searching for build.xml
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:55:42 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
>
> As I've been the one who committed the code in the first place, I feel
> a bit responsible for it.
>
> As for JDE I'm still hoping to get the submission of Jason and Jose
> Alberto merged to form a jde-ant.el that we can distribute with Ant
> and plug into JDE's project management stuff.

On this regard, I guess part of the problem was that I looked at Jason's
code and mine ad they where so different I wasn't sure how to mix them.
And I was not ready to give up on mine ;-0

I will try to follow up with Jason on defining some objectives so that
we converge to something we both think is powerful enough for most users.

>  JAF> I agree 100% with changing this to be an optional feature and
>  JAF> maybe make it more powerful:
>
>  JAF>   ant -find utl/config/build.xml
>
> There seems to be consensus on either removing the feature altogether
> or making it optional. I like Jose Alberto's version best so I'm going
> to change Ant to follow his proposal unless there are objections.
>
> This means Ant 1.3 would break older build environments in this case,
> what are we going to do about this?

Notice I would still live "ant" to be the same as "ant -f build.xml".
So that we only break very new environments.

Jose Alberto