ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Some Thoughts on Ant 1.3 and 2.0
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 00:10:23 GMT
> From: Nico Seessle [mailto:Nico.Seessle@epost.de]
>
> Currently I'm using this order:
>
>      * Load task definitions:
>      *
>      * 1. From ${ant.home}/lib/ant.jar:/META-INF/tasklib.xml
>      * 2. From ${ant.home}/ext/*.jar:/META-INF/tasklib.xml
>      * 3. From ${user.home}/.ant/ext/*.jar:/META-INF/tasklib.xml
>      * 4. From a file specified thru <taskdef lib="...
>
> allowing the user to override a task using the same name ant
> is using in
> it's distribution (just put an ftp.tsk in ~/.ant/ext and the one ant
> distributes will be overridden). Should this be changed to
> the order James
> suggested?

I think what you have is the way is suppose to. It looks a more complete way
of doing it.

One question I have: In your original proposal, if I remember well,
the tasklib.xml used its own syntax for describing tasks. I suggested at
some
point to just use <taskdef> tasks to describe the tasks in XML; my point
being that any additional improvement done to <taskdef> will be also
available
when defining task-libraries.

What approach are you using in your work?

> I think I should have something working next week
>
> Nico

This sounds great!!!

Jose Alberto