ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: [Patch] New Perforce tasks
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:59:26 GMT

Hi,

Yes - it's because my tasks parse the forms that come back from the p4
client and the form handling stuff is in the P4Base baseclass. Most P4
commands either produce or require a text form to be filled in or modified -
"p4 sync" is one of the few exceptions and I guess that's why <perforce>
doesn't need any regexp handling, it only does a p4 sync (with various
options).

I could have mucked about with Java's naff string handling but due to the
textual interface to p4, it made sense to bite the bullet and use a decent
Perl5 regexp library.
Shame there's no Java API into perforce, even the C++ API seems to return
'forms' :-( and of course that'd mean .dll's and .so's and JNI - yuk!

Hope this is OK,

Les