ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Boehle <jboe...@tidestone.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Enhanced Tstamp
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:56:52 GMT
Whoa there, Jon.  I wasn't making excuses.  I was making a suggestion that
would make finding the diff tool for a Windows platform easier.  Considering
with some of the Apache projects you can download the source distribution
without ever using CVS, *some* people that might want to submit patches
don't have the DIFF tool or WinCVS, since it doesn't come with Windows.
They probably don't even know what it is or what it does, and that page
provides no explanation or link(s).  I know that you *can* get the tool for
Windows, I was just suggesting it might make it easier on Windows folks if
there was a couple of links on the page.  Jeez.

Jason Boehle
jboehle@tidestone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Stevens [mailto:jon@latchkey.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 1:23 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: [SUBMIT] Enhanced Tstamp

on 11/16/2000 10:40 AM, "Jason Boehle" <jboehle@tidestone.com> wrote:

> After reading this, it should be noted that people who develop on Windows
> don't have access to the diff tool.  Maybe that page should be updated to
> include a link to where a Windows version of the tool can be downloaded.

I do ALL of my development on Win98. You are wrong.

You can either use WinCVS to get the diff which is painfully easy or you can
install cygwin which is _excellent_ in the latest revisions.

<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/>

So, again, no excuse.

-jon

--
twice of not very much is still a lot more than not very much