ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Ant 1.2 question about property file....
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:40:03 GMT
I could have sworn that once upon a time
the ant documentation talked about a file
you could put in your home directory that
would provide defaults for properties.

I cannot find that in the 1.2 documentation,
and I skimmed the sources and can't seem
to find it.

Is that gone, or am I missing it.

Yes, I know I can put something like

   <property file=${user.home}/ant.properties" />

in the build.xml. That works, I've tested it.

But, that requires I edit all the existing
build.xml files I have. If there is already
a mechanism in place that looks for something
akin to ".antrc" so to speak, that would be
better.

Thanks...

-ken