ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Removal of deprecated tasks
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 05:36:35 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I am planning the removal of the tasks which were deprecated in ant
> > 1.2 such as deltree, copydir, etc.
>
> I was more or less thinking about keeping them even in Ant 1.3 (and
> deprecate some other things on the way as well) and remove them when
> switching to Ant2 - that way we wouldn't break 1.2 buildfiles with 1.3.
>
> This is not a -1, more a +0 or something.

I'm not an Ant developer (just a user when building Tomcat) so my vote
doesn't really mean anything ... but please do not do this!

We already know that 2.0 will likely (hah -- assume it's an ironclad
certainty :-) break existing build files.  Given that, would it be such
tremendous problem to let current build files work through the 1.x
family?
That way, we will only have one more MUST change instead of two.

> Stefan

Craig McClanahan