ant-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Beton <richard.be...@roke.co.uk>
Subject Javah Task
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:03:54 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Richard Beton <richard.beton@roke.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I now have a javah task. Who might I send it to for inclusion in
> > future versions of Ant?
>
> ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org is the canonical place for patches and code
> contributions.

Please find new javah attached. It was based on the javac task. I have
commented out the extdirs stuff, because I was not quite sure what was
needed. Also, note that unlike the javac task, javah does not use
reflection to call the com.tools constructor, but simply uses the 'new'
operator. Therefore, when the verbose flag is passed to javah, text output
goes to standard output rather than via the ant logging stream.

This javah task has been tested against JDK1.3 and JDK1.2 (new and old JNI
formats). I don't think it works with JDK1.1 or JDK1.0. JDK1.1 tools
appear not to be pure Java, but rather binary executables.

Rick