ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:12:54 GMT
At 09:15  28/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>My point (you can make that your data point 2 Jon) is that right now
>I'll have to remove junit.jar every time I've done a cvs update (or
>install a separate version of Ant) if I want to participate in JUnit
>development - just to be sure the "right" JUnit classes get picked up
>when I build a development version of JUnit using Ant.

I dont think you should be using development versions of junit with Ant. I
hate it when projects rely on unreleased CVS versions of other products.
You may accidently change a file that means that it is incompatable with
old junit - thus breaking everyone elses builds.

If you just want to use ant with junit then that is fine because the
junit.jars will not be placed into install director. Thus you won't get
conflict there. Same holds for other libraries. Developing from particular
unreleased version of other libraries and not putting them in CVS/well
known place is a crime that I think should be outlawed ;)

Cheers,

Pete