ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant .cvsignore
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:52:56 GMT
At 12:22  27/11/00 -0800, you wrote:
>This reminds me that there is a pending "BUG", in my opinion, with
>respect to the <exec*> tasks and their definition of nested <env>.
>Today, <env> replaces ALL environment variables with the ones specified,
>which is USELESS to say the least.
>There was some discussion in the past on how to overcome this. It was not
>preaty, and it was not cheap, but it definetely was possible.
>I think we should look at this again.

The problem is win9x platform. What would be ideal is to grab all shell
variables and place them as system properties (ie. TERM -> env.TERM). This
is easily doable on unix and I was told it was possible on winNT/2000.

I have been thinking that it may be useful to have an ansi c launcher. The
launcher could grab all environment variables and also set up ANT_HOME etc
- however it seems really ugly to have to use native code to create a Java
build tool ;(