ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Optional tasks et al.
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:44:36 GMT
Hi,

I just submitted a stylebook task. The below message appeared - is that
normal?

/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 108: readcf: map arith: class arith not available
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 254: DaemonPortOptions parameter "Name=MTA"
unknown
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 255: DaemonPortOptions parameter "Name=MSA"
unknown
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 255: DaemonPortOptions parameter "M=E" unknown
Warning: .cf version level (9) exceeds sendmail version 8.9.3 functionality
(8)

Also I just want to know how popular a task has to be before being placed
in optional. For example there is another test framework similar to Junit.
It is currently only used in a few projects (Avalon and Jetspeed being the
only ones at Apache I believe).  Is it worth placing an ant task for it
into Ant CVS?

Also I am currenlty in process of converting tasks across that may or may
not be appropriate. If any are not (or if I forget to convert to all the
funny code-styles ant uses 8-] ) feel free to remove them.

Cheers,

Pete