ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@locus.apache.org>
Subject Re: Home for ANT GUI (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:46:35 GMT
At 04:01  31/10/00 +0100, you wrote:

> SF> I started working on the basic framework last night, and
> SF> certainly need some CVS space to put it and allow it to be
> SF> shared.
>
>I think .duncan is reading here, he's the chairman of the Jakarta PMC
>so he's the person who can setup whatever is necessary. AFAIK we would
>need the PMC to officially approve it as a new project to give it a
>CVS repository of its own (I'm not a member of the PMC). Lets see if
>he speaks up, otherwise I'm going to propose it directly to the PMC if
>it is OK with you.
>
>If you wanted to host it in Ant's repository all that needs to be done
>is making you a committer for Ant ...

Putting it in ants repositiory (at least now) I think is the better idea.
When it becomes large enough that it requires a new repository then we can
easily approach PMC then. This would guarentee that the project gets off
the ground and doesn't put the PMC/Sysops through extra work if it is bnot
needed ;)

Cheers,

Pete