ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@locus.apache.org>
Subject Re: Targets as graph (was: Ant GUI Requirements)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:44:25 GMT
At 06:53  31/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Do you know anything about the status of the GEF
>project (which I understand is an offshoot of
>ArgoUML)? Displaying targets as graph nodes in the GUI
>is something very appealing, but the GEF dependencies
>on old versions of the IBM XML parser make it a
>non-starter here. Also, from licensing standpoint, are
>the Apache license and GEF University of California
>licenses compatible?

I don't think so but we would have to check.

>Ant developers:
>
>What's the Apache position here on external libraries?

No source code that is not APL and copyright Apache is to be in CVS.
However other binary distributions are fine as long as they are legal. iewe
can include something like org.sax.* in a binary package but not in source
form. That package is public domain and thus there is no restrictions.

Cheers,

Pete