ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Patch: Modified in the future on Windoze
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:12:08 GMT
--- Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> [...]

That's very likely.  I really only have this Win2000
system to test on, though - and 2000 uses FAT32 (go
figure).  I don't think this is really a big deal if
NT users are willing to accept 2s of inaccuracy - and
2s isn't normally significant in "future" checks
anyway.

If it is a problem, then the code can be modified to
detect the Windows variant - which still isn't ideal
since NT can read FAT partitions and 2000 can read
NTFS.  And let's not even think about HPFS, SMB
drives, etc.....

My suggestion is to apply this to the base, and let
the 2s inaccuracy stand for all Windows systems.  If
you want precision, use Linux instead.  ;-)

roger