ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why does the echo task output to System.out? (Was: RE: [submi t] I ntegration of Ant into Visual Age for Java)
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:47:51 GMT

--- Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually, I always thought <echo> either just echo'd its output to stdout
> or redirected it to a file, if a file is specified.

Just remember that in the context of running ant inside a GUI, there is no
such thing as stdout (well, there is, but you can't assume the user will
see it). My previous emails where lobbying for more of an event based
approach to delivering the <echo> output to the GUI rather than an approach
whereby you register a new PrintStream to use in leu of System.out.

Just something to consider in any proposed changes.

sim