ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Passing classpath into a subproject?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:06:52 GMT
> Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@periapt.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to have a global classpath without setting the
> > classpath in a .bat|.sh script?
>
> Don't think so, as the CLASSPATH would need to be set by the time Ant
> starts parsing your build file. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what
> you are asking for.

If what you mean by "a global classpath" is a classpath available in a
property, which can then be used by any target within the current and any
sub build-files, then you just need to set the classpath as a property. I
use properties files to hold various paths I need, then read them in at
the top of the build-file(s) outside of any target, depending on the
values of other properties.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)