ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why does the echo task output to System.out? (Was: RE: [submi t] I ntegration of Ant into Visual Age for Java)
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:59:38 GMT
--- glennm@ca.ibm.com wrote:
> Now, given all this discussion, is it worth it to redo things so that
> <echo> simply prints to a file _or_ a logger (not both),

Actually, I always thought <echo> either just echo'd its output to stdout
or redirected it to a file, if a file is specified. I never thought of
<echo> as echo'ing to the logging output. Those two things seem completely
separate to me -- the output generated by a task and the logging of that
task having been run. For example, the output of the <javac> task is the
classfile -- the logging of the <javac> task is the "[javac] ..." stuff.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)