ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why does the echo task output to System.out? (Was: RE: [submit] I ntegration of Ant into Visual Age for Java)
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:01:39 GMT

--- "Siberski, Wolf" <Wolf.Siberski@tui.de> wrote:

> After having thought about this a little, I'm wondering if
> it's not the echo task that should be fixed :-).
> It seems to be the only task that does not use
> the BuildLogger mechanism for output.

Obviously the GUI would benefit from the <echo> task sending its output to
the BuildLogger/Listener API, as it currently doesn't redirect System.out
(though I suppose it could). My guess is that if people start using
Antidote they will assume that all available output is going to the console
(assuming it meets the current logging level constraint).

Just a thought.

sim

=====
Mustard Seed Software