ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:31:21 GMT

--- James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/00 4:48 PM, "Barrie Treloar"
> <Barrie.Treloar@camtech.com.au> wrote:
>
> > +1 for a revolution.
> >
> > Simeon is going to need this to get a gui working
> and it can't be done
> > easily be done the main branch.
>
> Cool. I can see exactly where the issues are
> there... It's all a fallout
> from originally using DOM as the internal data
> representation instead of
> something more "native". Definitely time to fix. :)

Maybe I'm reading your email wrong, but are you saying
that the *current* Project, Target, and Task are DOM
based? My attempt at using them let me to the
perception that they *weren't* DOM based (yeh, they
represent a tree structure, but that's where the
commonality ends). My argument is that if they *were*
DOM based (insofar as my definition goes), it would be
much easier for the GUI, as well as the ability to
leverage all of the tools out there that already know
how to speak to a true w3c DOM.

And what do you mean by "native"?

thx,

sim