ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OS detection: am I missing the obvious?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 08:51:38 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
> I think we are talking about to separate things here. What I'd like to
> see is a tool that fills the needs configure does, I've never said I
> wanted to inherit the "yucky" implementation.

But won't it be just as likely that you'll start with something that's all
clean and non-yuck, only to end up trying to cover everything under the
sun and having it become the contorted monstrosity that "configure" is?

Oh well, maybe I'm just being pessimistic because this stoopid build keeps
breaking (not my Ant part -- crufty left-over, and also gruesomely
contorted, shell-scripts).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)