ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OS detection: am I missing the obvious?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 19:47:58 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:
> This is an issue the I personally would love to see resolved in a
> separate tool (this is exactly the use case configure solves for
> make).

I'm not trying to re-open this debate, honestly, but I just have to say
that I find it interesting that you think heading towards something like
"configure" is desirable, just to avoid having a test-for-value.
Personally, I find "configure" to be one of the yuckiest mangled mess of
spaghetti-ed crud I've ever run into (and I've run into a considerable
amount of mangled crud over the years, so that's saying quite a lot).

2cents & all that,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)