ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Searching for build.xml
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 06:36:13 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> Ironically you responded to Diane who is a strong advocate for extending
> ant beyond the simple system and adding a lot of features ;)

That's an odd perception. I've asked strongly for only one thing: a test
for value. And I made it clear while asking for that that I am *not* in
favor of making Ant a monstrosity like make, so I'm not sure what you
think those "lots of features" are. When I've needed some functionality
change in the way a task works, I'll ask whether it's doable and/or if
it's something people in general would need. Sometimes the things I've
suggested have been implemented -- for the ones that weren't, I've either
found a different approach, or I've modified my own copy of the source
(such as adding the test for value that I now use quite happily).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)