ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carlson <scottcarl...@yahoo.com>
Subject [new file] a different Telnet Task
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:54:59 GMT
Looks like I missed the curve again...

I've created a telnet task of my own.  This is a bit more generic.  As it
incorporates subTasks for the read and writes.  I had some ideas about allowing
a list of possible responses and performing conditional writes as well.

I don't want to step on any toes.  If I should create a patch to Stuart's
telnet I can do that.  The userid/password combination are not required, but if
they are specified it uses ogin: and ssword: as prompts.

An example task looks like this:
  <target name="bounce" depends="init">
     <telnet userid="userid" password="password" server="server">
         <read>&gt;</read>
         <write string="./bounce"/>
         <read string="restarted"/>
     </telnet>