ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectHelper.java
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:22:39 GMT
I was referring to the latest commit -- the one where you made relative
paths for file: be relative to the build-file rather than to basedir. It
seemed like, if we were going to be diddling what the path for file:
resolved to anyway, we might as well add in property-expansion so using
this ENTITY stuff could be (in my opinion) more useful. If I have a bunch
of build-files throughout my tree, and I have a "default.xml" that sets
all the global properties and that I'd like to have included in those
build-files so I don't have to have them all repeat the lines that bring
all those global properties in, then I'd just as soon not have to deal
with something like
file:../../../../../../../../tools/ant/lib/default.xml,
since a) that hard-codes in a particular tree-structure, and b) it's
yucky. It'd be much cleaner to just be able to have
file:${workspace}/tools/ant/lib/default.xml, don't you think?

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)