ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Searching for build.xml
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 07:37:40 GMT
I also "voted -1" on this (not that I actually get to vote...), since it
seemed an odd behaviour, and seemed like it could get "dangerous". I've
learned to live with it by naming any build-files other than the top-level
one anything but build.xml -- then I have targets in the top-level
build-file that run the targets in the (few) "sub" ones I do have, so you
can still just say "ant <targ>" (if you're running something other than
the default), without having to specify a -f <build_file> or having to
worry about what directory (or subdir) you're actually in. This might not
be the optimal approach (and I am starting to look into refining this a
bit), but when I first started trying out using subproject build-files, I
got bit pretty quick.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)