ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #343 has been filed.
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2000 16:19:59 GMT
Bug report #343 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/343>

REPORT #343 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.2
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: win2K
   OS Release: non SP1
   Platform: windows

Synopsis:
Ant fails to verify class with static initializer code during rmic task

Don't know exactly if this is considerable as a bug:
I have a class with static initializer code that depends on previous assignment of a system
property: so, when the "verify" part of the rmic task loads the class in order to decide whether
it should be rmi-compiled, the initializer is executed, and a ExceptionInInitializerError
is thrown, thus stopping the build (build failed). I think this exception should be silently
catched (or at least signaled without stopping the build).