ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject [SUBMIT]: ant tasks for c#/.net
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 01:42:43 GMT
I've done a fair revision of that first post of a C# compile task I posted
last week.So ignore that one completely.

Changes
-moved to a new package: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net;
-expanded the C# class slightly (CSharp.java)
-teased half the code out into a NetCommand class which aggregates an
Execute with a Commandline
-added an assembler for IL (Ilasm.java)
-added a skinny covering note and detailed task documentation -the latter
comes from the
javadoc of the file though it can be move.

I know some people have strong feelings about C# and the .net program, and I
understand why. But it looks like I will soon be developing for both
'universal platforms for the internet' and it would be nice have a unified
build tool. Plus if the CLR runtime and .net build tools ever go cross
platform, ant will be ready.

-Steve