ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alec B. Plumb" <a...@screenart.com>
Subject <jspc> task?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:31:50 GMT
I would very much like to see a JSP compiler task for ant, since I hate to
actually fire up a tomcat instance and visit a jsp page before I can even
see if it's syntactically correct.

I've written a first version of a <jspc> task, based on both the Tomcat
3.2b7 org.apache.jasper.JspC and the Ant 1.2
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac. It pretty much works but it is ugly and
doesn't log properly. I'm about to begin designing version 2 (well, actually
version 0.2), but first I have a couple questions:

1) Is anybody else already working on this? If so, can I help?

2) Is there any documentation for the Tomcat Jasper APIs?

Thanks,
Alec