ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: On voting rules (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - Newdirectory)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:55:42 GMT

> I'm a bit depressed at this point that absolutely no one from
> the community
> has volunteered to step up to the plate to help resolve this
> issue in any
> way. Why the fuck am I trying to help people out in this
> community if there
> is no community to help support us when we need help? :-( I
> even tried to
> get things started by making a proposal someone could start
> to implement.
> I'm sorry, I have to much other stuff on my plate right now to write
> everyone's software for them. This is totally stupid and this
> sucks. Take
> take take take take and absolutely nothing given back.

Where did this come from? Is this just obvious flamebait? If not, have a
look through CVS logs to see many good ideas and code contributed to ant
by its community. Brilliant ideas such as build-events, lots of
contributed tasks. The ant community is very healthy. Comments such as
this will not inspire people to contribute, IMHO.