ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Optional tasks et al.
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:01:56 GMT
Peter,

There are no formal rules for deciding what constitutes an optional
task. I think just about anything can be accepted as an optional task at
this point. In the future, when the extension mechanism is in place, I
think the optional tasks may move out of the ant CVS tree. We may then
have a number of task sets, rather than a single big optional.jar. How
we manage contirbuted / optional tasks is something I think needs to be
addressed in the upcoming Ant 2.0 discussion.

Bring it on.

Conor