ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: increment task
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:10:48 GMT
At 10:49 AM +0100 10/25/2000, Stuart Barlow wrote:
>When undertaking nightly builds we have found the need for a build number.
>And we also wanted this to live in a java propery file so that ANT could make
>use of it during the build.
>
>Below is a simple task that increments a numeric property in a java property
>file.

This does seem like a perfect task that could be defined using a
script, such as a JavaScript that uses a Properties object, reads a
properties file, increments a value, and then writes it back out in a
file.

Let's make script tasks a priority.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."