ant-dev mailing list archives

From dave...@shootinggallery.com (David Makower)
Subject newbie question: dynamically-discovered classpaths
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:34:51 GMT
I'm brand new to using Ant, so I apologize if this question is
misguided.  I've checked the FAQ, and I don't see any mention of it.

I have a directory called "lib" within my project directory, in which
I place all .zip and .jar files upon which my source files depend.
When I add a new .jar file to the lib directory, I don't want to have
to explicitly change the build.xml file to reflect this.  However,
the documentation for Ant does not indicate that either the path
attributes of <classpath> elements or the location attributes of
<pathelement> elements can accept patterns like "*.jar" or "**/*.jar"
and translate them into colon- or semicolon-delimited paths.

Is there another way to do this, other than manually editing the
build.xml file every time I add a new JAR file to the lib directory?

If not, I'm willing to check out the source code and see if I can
make the change myself and submit it.

| Dave Makower                        <davemak@shootinggallery.com> |
| Director of Engineering                                           |
|  Shooting Gallery Interactive  |  tel: (212) 905-2200 x155        |
|  609 Greenwich St., 9th Floor  |  fax: (212) 905-2249             |
|  New York, NY  10014           |  http://www.shootinggallery.com/ |