ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: getAbsolutePath vs getCanonicalPath patch plus a couple questions.
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:03:04 GMT

 VB> I have seen no reaction to this patch and it never got checked
 VB> in.  Why the silence?

Can only speak for myself: I don't use Windows at all and don't
understand batch files (at least this is what I like to think about
myself). And I'm more than hesitant to commit something I can neither
understand nor test.

 VB> - I noticed that in the <runtests> and <run.single.test> targets
 VB> of the ant build.xml, the junit task no longer has the fork
 VB> attribute set to true.

 VB> What was the rational behind this

Speed. Using fork the testsuite takes about 2 minutes on my box,
without fork it takes twelve seconds.

Stefan